Saint Louis University Hospital has teamed with Versant to develop the most innovative and comprehensive RN Residency program available. Integrated into our organization's structure, the Versant RN residency includes guided clinical experience with a preceptor, education and curriculum, a supportive component composed on formal mentoring and debriefing/self-care sessions, and a 360-degree evaluation and measurement process. As a Versant standard, all new graduate nurses hired by Saint Louis University Hospital are required to transition through the Versant RN residency. The Versant RN residency is the start of a journey from knowledge to knowing, moving towards competent performance at the bedside.
Versant provides a highly integrated and systematic approach to transitioning new graduate nurses by:
· Defining a comprehensive baseline set of measurements and outcomes, evidence-based structure, processes, and content.
· Integrating, teaching, monitoring, and managing adherence to those standards.
· Objectively evaluating success in achieving the RN residency goals.
Please take a moment to review the information that is required in order to be accepted to the Versant RN Residency Program at Saint Louis University Hospital. All of the required documents listed below must be provided to Human Resources after a position has been offered and must be received by the deadline in order to proceed with the interview process.
1. Be a graduate with less than six months experience and Missouri RN license (successful completion of the NCLEX exam, proof of RN licensure)
2. Have a GPA of 3.0 in nursing and science curriculum
3. Provide official college transcript
4. Have two (2) written professional references, one from a clinical instructor
5. Letter of intent that answers:
a. What influenced you to pursue a career in nursing?
b. Why are you interested in the RN Residency Program?
c. Where do you see yourself in five (5) years?
d. An essay stating the particular nursing department you wish to work in and why.
We are currently accepting applications for the following 2012-2013
Versant RN Residency Programs:
Start Dates Application Deadline
February 24, 2014 (to June 28) January 31, 2014
July 14, 2014 (to November 15) April 18, 2014
October 20, 2014 (to February 21) September 26, 2014
If our program meets your needs, please proceed with the application process.
Learn more about Versant.
Apply for a position.
For more information regarding the Versant RN Residency Program at Saint Louis University Hospital, please contact Human Resources nurse recruiters Aaron Weston email Aaron.Weston@tenethealth.com.
Terms And Conditions
Notice of Privacy Practices
3635 Vista At Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63110
© 2002-2013 Tenet HealthSystem SL, Inc., All Rights Reserved.